Durham Multiplier Events
APRIL/MAY & OCTOBER 2020 – DURHAM, UK
These free interactive workshops were delivered online twice in 2020 (21 April and 22 Oct) and offered hands-on experience of the innovative reflective methods developed by the project, step-by-step guidance on implementing them in other institutions, access to practical resources that support their implementation, and networking opportunities.
Stage 1. Information about the methods and the materials the project has developed, to be looked at independently. This was coupled with an opportunity to post comments and questions, and an optional synchronous online meeting.
- Introduction to the workshop (Video – PDF only)
- Overview of methods (PDF)
- Intercultural Reflecting Team (video)
- Intercultural Teaching Process Recall (video)
- Intercultural Peer Observation (video)
- Technological Toolkit (URL)
- Walk-through Guide for facilitators (PDF)
- Posting your comments and joining an optional meeting (MS Teams)
Stage 2. A simulation of the intercultural Reflecting Team (iRT) method, which focused on sharing and solving problems from current practice as educational developers in the times of the coronavirus. This was asynchronous meeting with several slots offered over a few weeks to allow delegates to sign up for a time that suited them.
- Preparing and participating in iRT (MS Teams)
- Problem/case from your practice (MS Word)
Stage 3. A reflection on delegates’ experiences of the intercultural Reflecting Team method and consideration of ways in which they may implement the IntRef methods in their own institutions. This was completed online in delegates’ own time, with an optional opportunity for further discussion in a brief synchronous online meeting.